PIUG Volunteer Opportunities
Here are brief descriptions of the functional committees we currently have within PIUG. Please consider volunteering for them by contacting the PIUG Chairperson, Shelley Pavlek
, the PIUG Administrator, Ken Koubek
, the chairperson of any of PIUG Committees and Teams
, or the general PIUG email contact
. We look forward to having you on one of our committees!
- Annual Conference Committee assists with the planning and/or program for our annual conference.
- Biotech Conference Committee assists with the planning and/or program for our biotech conference.
- Certification Committee works with the international standards board for Qualified Patent Information Professionals (ISQPIP) to support the certification of patent information professionals.
- Education and Training Committee assists with education topic forums, classification of PIUG presentation topics, webinar topics, creating educational materials and presenting educational materials.
- Electronic Communications Committee assists with the PIUG website from a design/vision/direction perspective or from a technical perspective, and other PIUG social media.
- Membership and Marketing Committee looks for ways to attract new members, as well find new ways to market PIUG.
- Member Relations Committee focuses on current members and members that haven't renewed membership or registered for conferences, as well as promoting member benefits.
- Partnerships and Patent Offices Committee works with the USPTO, as well as international patent offices and information-related searching groups, i.e. CEPIUG, PDG, to define synergies and ways our organizations can work together.
- Sponsorship Committee looks for ways to attract and retain sponsors.
- Volunteer Recruitment assists with reaching out to active PIUG members to determine if they are willing to help on our functional committees.