PIUG Introduction to Patent Searching - 2017
The PIUG Introduction to Patent Searching provides a fast-paced interactive learning environment that builds a strong foundation for searching patent information. Discover patent searching tips from a faculty of long-time PIUG members with decades of patent information experience. Learn the basics of patent law, patent information resources, and searching techniques.
Key topics covered:
- Why search patents?
- US patent law
- International patent law
- Patent Information resources (free and fee-based)
- Searching techniques and approaches
- Reporting results
- Keeping up to date with patent resources/results
The PIUG Introduction to Patent Searching course is being offered October 31, 2017 at Genentech in South San Francisco, CA
Find more information and register for the course HERE.
|8:30 - 9:00 am
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
|9:00 - 9:15 am
||Welcome, Course Overview and Introductions
Dominic DeMarco & John Zabilski, Course Directors
|9:15 - 10:00 am
||What is a Patent and Why do we search them?
|10:00 - 11:00 am
||The Basics of Patent Law
|11:00 - 11:15 am
|11:15 am - 12:15 pm
||Patent Information Resources
|12:15 - 1:15 pm
|1:15 - 2:45 pm
||Overview of Patent Searching Techniques
|2:45 - 3:00 pm
|3:00 - 3:30 pm
||Reporting Search Results
|3:30 - 4:00 pm
||Patent Information: How to Keep Up to Date
If you are just beginning to search patent information, don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your conceptual understanding of the process, and your skills, by attending this one-day course offered by the Patent Information Users Group (PIUG). The course will be held at Genentech, South San Francisco, CA.
If you want to also learn the fundamentals of FTO searching, you can register for the second day of instruction at a discounted rate for both courses by just filling out the registration for this first day and indicating that you will attend both courses. You do not have to register twice (once for each course), simply indicate that you will attend both courses and click the appropriate option on the Intro form and save over 20% in fees for the two days of training.
Feel free to share this information with your colleagues.
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
250 Gateway Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
and for 3 days prior or after depending on space availability.
- Hotel Link for online reservation. Reservations may also be phoned in to (650) 589-3400. Group Name: Patent Information Users Group, Inc. Group Code: PAT
- Each guest is responsible for all guest charges and must secure reservations by credit card. (Cash-paying guests may be required to deposit funds in advance to guarantee payment.)
- Cancellations must be made by noon prior to the day of arrival in order to avoid penalty. Early departure must also be confirmed at check-in to avoid possible penalties.
- Check in is 3:00 pm and check out is 12:00 pm. All guests arriving before will be accommodated as rooms become available. Front desk staff can arrange to check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure day.
- Secure reservations prior to Monday, October 9, 2017< (Cut-Off Date). After this date, all remaining blocked (discounted) rooms will be released for general sale.