Official Networking Event
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
10 Bosworth Street
Boston, MA 02108-4182
We welcome our PIUG colleagues who are visiting Boston for the conference and, perhaps, for the first time. Local members should feel free to "adopt a visitor", so that all feel welcome in Boston. Located just off the Freedom Trail, Marliave is centrally located among and within walking distance of the Massachusetts state capitol, Boston Common and Gardens, the popular Downtown Crossing district, and Faneuil Hall.
R.S.V.P. as soon as possible but not later than by 4:30pm. Friday, February 19, 2016. Contact Rick Williams (and modify the subject line in this hyperlinked memo) with the number of attendees in your party if more than one. We have reserved seating for 24 people, so don't miss this opportunity to network with your industry colleagues. If you have previously replied "yes" but find that you are unable to attend, please contact Rick as quickly as possible to release your reservation for others who might wish to attend.
Please assemble in the restaurant bar any time prior to the dinner seating upstairs.
Hint: the raw bar features fresh oysters for half-price 4-6pm and 9-10pm daily.
||Upstairs. Please mention the Boston Biotechnology Meeting to be seated with our group.
||Return to the hotel, or stroll around town.
- By the "T" (MBTA): Navigate to Park Street Station (Red & Green Lines). Walk 2 blocks up the hill on Tremont Street past the Orpheum Theater and Suffolk U. to Bosworth and turn right. Walk 1.5 blocks to Marliave (on right).
- By car: Hillstone (a Boston insider's tip) offers 3 hours free parking at the 60 State Street parking garage. Stop there for one drink, get your pass validated, then proceed to Marliave walking down Tremont to Bosworth from the other direction.
- By cab: quickest, depending on traffic (and, of course, snow). Check with hotel concierge for estimated rates.
- The networking dinner is "Dutch treat".
- Boston taxicabs accept major credit cards. Verify that your cab secured outside Boston proper accepts your credit card, if important.
- Transportation options in Boston include walking, taxicab, and mass transit, or some combination of these.
- We make every attempt to secure reservations only at venues that are willing either to (1) issue individual meal checks or (2) receive individual cash or business charge cards for payment (and issue duplicate receipts); however, based on venue availability and in view of the size of our event, we cannot guarantee separate checks.
If you plan to attend the conference and also will remain in Boston throughout Tuesday evening, please consider attending the dinner. Forward your intent or any question (addressing any relevant data mentioned above) as soon as possible to Rick Williams.
Additional Networking Opportunities
Conference Registrants list
Login to the PIUG website using your PIUG website email address and password and then go to the PIUG 2016 Biotechnology Conference Registrants list.
In addition to this formal networking event, additional evenings may offer similar opportunities of a less formal nature. If you are unfamiliar with Boston but wish to arrange your own networking events Monday or Wednesday evening, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to assist in suggesting or arranging an appropriate venue.
GQ Life Sciences PIUG 2016 Biotech Party
Monday, February 22, 2016, 3:30PM
711 Atlantic Avenue, 4th floor
Boston, MA 02111
GQ Life Sciences is a mere 10 minute drive or a jump on the Silver Line from Embassy Suites, in the Leather District of Boston. First developed as a residential area, it quickly became the center of the city’s thriving leather industry after the great fire of 1872 destroyed old business districts. The company’s office space still has the spirit of a leather producer, with wide-open spaces, exposed brick, and original hardwood flooring from the turn of the 20th century. GQ Life Sciences’ party is a great jumping off point to explore the vibrant area, trek across the street into Chinatown, or jump on subways heading anywhere from South Station.
- R.S.V.P. as soon as possible
- What? Great drinks, great food, great atmosphere, shuffleboard, karaoke for the bravehearted...
- When? After workshops, Monday, February 22, 3:30PM-whenever
- Where? GQ Life Sciences Corporate HQ, 711 Atlantic Ave, 4th Floor, Boston (10 minutes from the PIUG conference hotel)
How will I get there and back?
Jump on the GQ bus leaving the Embassy Suites at Logan Airport at 3:30PM, or take a cab or Uber, if you’re late.
Already registered for the Speaker Dinner on Monday at 6PM?
No worries, come and go as you please. We'll be partying from 3:30pm until the last (wo)man is standing. We'll send the GQ Bus back to the conference hotel leaving GQ at 5:20pm.
Forward any question or request to Julien.